Have you ever been Mandelad?

Because it's a strange world out there.

Have you ever been Mandelad?

Postby Call_of_the_Wendigo on Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:10 pm

The Mandela Effect is when people clearly remember things having happened that never actually happened. It gets its name because large numbers of people remember Nelson Mandela dying thirty years before he did.

:scared:

But what about you? Have you ever experienced the Mandela Effect?
Call_of_the_Wendigo
Testing

Highscores: 12

Re: Have you ever been Mandelad?

Postby Call_of_the_Wendigo on Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:16 pm

I have. I remember being appalled when they repeated the first series of The League of Gentlemen and they added a laughter track that wasn't there the first time they showed it.

But then it turned out that the first series always had a laughter track. :scared:

Apparently, I was not alone in this confusion, and other people believe as I once did. :scared:
Call_of_the_Wendigo
Testing

Highscores: 12

Postby FanGirl3 on Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:22 pm

As I type my way steadily through my diaries from 15 years ago, I do find that I sometimes remember things happening differently from when they actually did. Sometimes it's just a matter of days, but it can be 2 or 3 years.

For example I remember my tape of Standing on a Beach by The Cure snapping, and me splicing it back together with prittstick, as happening in my 3rd year at uni, and not at home a year later as it actually did. The weird thing is the memory is completely convincing, I can see myself carefully carrying out the splice in my dark breeze-block-walled study bedroom in Norwich, when I have written evidence from myself that it happened in my bright and airy partition-walled ordinary bedroom at my parents' house in Fanchester.
Even me?
FanGirl3
..milady

Postby Stevie-Baby on Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:28 pm

Call_of_the_Wendigo wrote:
But what about you? Have you ever experienced the Mandela Effect?

Never. I find it easier to warp reality to my memories.

:sadyes:
Stevie-Baby

Return to The Monster's Wardrobe