The James Bond Running Commentary thread

Re: The James Bond Running Commentary thread

Postby Call_of_the_Wendigo on Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:23 pm

I don't understand the ending. From what I can remember, he killed the woman with the knives in her feet and then that was it. It all went slushy and romantic and then Matt Munroe started singing. How did that end his mission? Was his mission to kill the woman with the knives in her feet? Wasn't he supposed to be trying to foil an evil scheme by Blofeld? :dunno:
Call_of_the_Wendigo
Testing

Highscores: 12

Postby Nightjar on Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:11 pm

Well, I think that unlike, say, Die Another Day, it's more like a straight forward - and therefore more complicatedly plotted - spy thriller with certain people pretending to be not who they actually are and fiendish manoeuvres going on behind the scenes and double and triple-crosses etc...

So, basically, you have to pay slightly more attention to what's going on. :sadyes:

It's like if you half-watched The Watercress Mustard and Cress Hoary bittercress Alpine rock-cress Ipcress File or Tinker, Tailor, Tonka Tonka Stick It Up Your H*nker and then expected to know what the Borkles was going at the end. :colbert:
I've got a powder-keg leg and my wig's all pooped - for you
Nightjar
caprimulgus vociferus psychopompos

Postby Stevie-Baby on Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:19 pm

:hmm:

You've just reminded me... I watched The Spy Who came in from the Cold last year, that can be my film, sorry, Filem of the year 2017.

:yes:
Stevie-Baby

Previous

Return to The Movie Parlour